Last visit was: It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Level Editor Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:00 pm 

Some features from Tasty Static and its editor:

- Adjustable platform sizes
- Gradients on platforms
- Player reversal platform
- Free to place things wherever (So you could have a tunnel beneath a normal platform.)
- Time limit ("Charge")
- Recharge platforms
- Gravity switching platforms
- Turn platforms, tubes, etc. upside down
- Shows movement trails after testing a level

Things I suggested for Tasty Static that aren't going to happen, but maybe you guys would like them:

- Replay last round (Might be kinda hard... ? More of a game-wide thing than an editor thing.)
- Mouse control
- Ability to give fire, ice, etc. to non-flat surfaces
- *GIGGLE* Achievements *GIGGLE GIGGLE*

So, wanna add to the list?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Level Editor Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:05 am 

All good ideas to implement, except to the mouse control.
Instead, i think the controls should be remaped by the player, as some people would like to use wasd keys to move.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 am 

Another from Tasty Static: Bouncy platforms that force you to jump.

The end of a level must be one of those half-tubes with a platform, right? Why not set a regular platform to be an exit?

And one thing we really need: Testing a level from a specific point. Select a platform to start from, set your speed with up and down, and press the jump key to begin. It will restart from that point and speed with every respawn. Would make testing LOADS easier for those of us who have less skill than we would like to admit...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Just one thought before answering:
this is a skyroads remake and I think tasty static (which I adore btw) turns too much from it, so I'm not going to insert all those features that tasty static has but skyroads doesn't.
Also, I would have liked to place objects everywhere, but due to the tilebased engine moving the game, this is not possible... sorry about that but, again, this feature is not in skyroads...

The charge tile: I never liked it in skyroads and that's why I left it out, but I think it's not difficult to implement, it's possible I will insert it...

and yes, starting from a certain point at a certain speed would be really great, I'll see what I can do about it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 pm 

I understand. :) I thought it was that. I suppose it works best as a remake of the original. It would be awesome to have a Flash Tasty Static though... Who knows, maybe in late 2010.

I like the sound of that last line... :3 Maybe now I can *cough* see the ends of my levels again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Level Editor Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:04 am 

What if doodle jump had a level editor? you could pick the theme, the monsters, the platform type, and a "repeat area."
If you would like a level editor try to tell limasky by posting it in reviews, or by contacting them.

Thanks

Offline Profile